The challenges of benchmarking your information service
25th August 2017
Comparing your organisation's service offerings and effectiveness with peer institutions requires benchmarking data. Collecting, analysing and understanding this data is challenging and sometimes confusing. Helen Josephine reports on the Jinfo webinar, "A look at the data for benchmarking your information service", as part of the latest Jinfo Research Focus, "Benchmark information roles - optimise your structure". This webinar discussed the data gathered and insights uncovered during the benchmarking research and how they could be applied to strengthen and improve information services.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: The challenges of benchmarking your information service
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Encourage your information team to take on new challenges
Thursday, 3rd August 2017
- Does your information team possess "radical adaptability"?
Thursday, 22nd June 2017
- Why isn't benchmarking more straightforward?
Wednesday, 26th April 2017
- A look at the data for benchmarking your information service
Sunday, 7th May 2017
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021