Let's talk offshoring strategies
9th March 2023
Information leaders need to demonstrate they are resourcing their teams cost-effectively to maintain and enhance services. Hiring freezes, budget constraints and the shrinking talent pool are forcing leaders to consider alternative ways to resource their teams.
The lowest-cost option is likely to be an offshore location; either using a "captive" site or an outsourced vendor. Whilst these options offer a significant cost advantage, they are not without risk. They need to be carefully scoped, deployed and managed to be a successful, cost-effective solution.
In this session we discussed:
- IS offshoring the right solution?
- Managing expectations
- What does success look like?
- Sustaining the model.
We were delighted that Kaushik Biswas, Director of Business Development at Acuity Knowledge Partners, joined us to share his extensive experience and insights having worked with a wide range of work with clients on their offshoring initiatives.
Access to Jinfo Content and Community is available through a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
Access to this Community session is available through a Jinfo Subscription, which will help your organisation:
- Save time and money
- Re-invent information services
- Define, measure and communicate information value.
Please complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check if your organisation has access and contact you to confirm either way.
Contact us to find out if your organisation already has a Jinfo Subscription.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Community event title: Let's talk offshoring strategies
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Let's talk offshoring – key takeaways from the March Community session
Tuesday, 14th March 2023
[New] Contribute to the news and current awareness survey 2023
Community session – Initial findings from the News and Current Awareness Survey
20th June 2023
"Vendor management template, news and current awareness survey, AI"
3rd May 2023
Check out our new vendor management template and contribute to our latest survey on the provision of news and current awareness services. Come along to our next Community session to discuss the impact of AI and get some great tips for managing up from our April session.Read on the Blog
- Vendor management template, news and current awareness survey, AI
3rd May 2023
- Contribute to the news and current awareness survey 2023
2nd May 2023
- More effective vendor negotiations
3rd April 2023
- Community session (TBD) (Community) 18th July 2023
- Initial findings from the News and Current Awareness Survey (Community) 20th June 2023
- Impact of artificial intelligence (Community) 23rd May 2023