Developing strategic alignments to nurture an information-savvy workforce
24th May 2017
[Research Focus: Developing an information-savvy workforce through strategic alignments]
The gaps in information skills of knowledge workers present an increasing risk to organisations. The most effective way to address the problem is for information managers to nurture strategic alignments with allies, to embed information skill development in the culture and operations of the business.
Your partners in this process may include the IT department - where many information services have already cultivated good relationships - but will likely also include new areas such as learning & development, HR, R&D and other business units.
To focus your efforts on the most effective alignments, take time to prioritise based on your organisation's strengths and requirements.
This Community session provides practical tips on:
- Articulating the benefit each potential partner may bring to your aim of embedding improved information skills in the organisation
- Cultivating alignment with potential partners
- Creating measurable milestones in your efforts to align, and to influence information skills as a result.
If you have a question about this event, or are unsure if you have access to Community sessions, please contact us.
- Wednesday, 24th May 2017 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (BST) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
- Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this Webinar and provide easier registration (recommended)
- Or complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check your Subscription and register you for this Webinar
- Purchase a Jinfo Subscription
- If you are considering purchasing a Subscription and would like to request taster access to try out the service, please complete the Registration Enquiry form below.
- Please complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check if your organisation has a Jinfo Subscription and contact you to confirm either way
- Community event title: Developing strategic alignments to nurture an information-savvy workforce
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021