Information has never been more visible or valuable: is this our opportunity?
18th June 2020
[Focus: Risk Assessment]
The 2020 disruption of the work environments has thrown information teams into the spotlight. As clients grapple with new ways to access information and manage quick changes to their work priorities, there is a clear opportunity for information teams to add to their concrete data in proving value.
During this Community session, run in June 2020, information managers engaged in facilitated discussion on four areas that prove value to the organisation.
To get the value of this confidential session:
- Read Jinfo's article, Risk assessment on information value
- Use the activity in it to consider:
- our context for value
- Your "Known Fors"
- What data to collect
- Best communication practices
- Download the (anonymised) notes to get the insight and questions of your peers.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with access to Content and Community.
If you are a client, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: Information has never been more visible or valuable: is this our opportunity?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - information has never been more visible or valuable: is this our opportunity?
Wednesday, 24th June 2020
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021