Do you want to demonstrate your contributions to business development? A value chain discussion
25th September 2020
[Focus: Value Chain]
All organisations in the private sector – and even some in the public sector – need to generate and grow their revenue. Information professionals know that doing so is impossible without access to the right information in the right place at the right time at the right price.
Connecting those dots – from information products and expertise to money in the door – is a perennial challenge for information teams.
Download the Community session report, which includes the slides from the session along with anonymised comments from participants, to read how different information teams found ways to measure and communicate the value of information products and expertise in increasing their organisation's revenue.
To get the most value from this report:
- Read Jinfo's articles from the Focus on Value Chain
- Use the activities to improve your communication with stakeholders
- Read the examples of your peers in their approach to the work.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: Do you want to demonstrate your contributions to business development? A value chain discussion
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - demonstrate your contributions to business development
Wednesday, 30th September 2020
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021