Do you want to demonstrate your contributions to business development? A value chain discussion
25th September 2020
[Focus: Value Chain]
All organisations in the private sector – and even some in the public sector – need to generate and grow their revenue. Information professionals know that doing so is impossible without access to the right information in the right place at the right time at the right price.
Connecting those dots – from information products and expertise to money in the door – is a perennial challenge for information teams.
Download the Community session report, which includes the slides from the session along with anonymised comments from participants, to read how different information teams found ways to measure and communicate the value of information products and expertise in increasing their organisation's revenue.
To get the most value from this report:
- Read Jinfo's articles from the Focus on Value Chain
- Use the activities to improve your communication with stakeholders
- Read the examples of your peers in their approach to the work.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: Do you want to demonstrate your contributions to business development? A value chain discussion
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - demonstrate your contributions to business development
Wednesday, 30th September 2020
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - selecting components and designing scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 4th May 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021