Community deck - Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
17th May 2022
The foundation of Value Chain Analysis requires you to shift your mindset to focus on a question that information teams are not accustomed to answering in detail: “What is the business trying to accomplish?”
Mastering this shift takes practice, feedback and – often – external perspective to get away from the way you’re used to looking at things in order to explore alternatives.
May's Community session provided a forum for practice, feedback and perspective amongst information leaders working on similar challenges.
During this session, we tackled Value Chain Analysis, Step 1 - Foundation. Using examples adapted from client projects and facilitated discussion, participants practised articulating their knowledge, analysing business activities, and identifying the questions requiring additional research with stakeholders.
Prior to the session, participants were asked to spend 30 minutes on Step 1 - Foundation, from Jinfo’s Focus on Value Chain:
Sign in with your MyJinfo credentials to access these materials. Then review the Jinfo Report from this session with the anonymised notes from our discussion to catch up on what you missed or reflect on what you heard.
Access to Jinfo Content and Community is available through a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
Access to this report is available through a Jinfo Subscription, which will help your organisation:
- Save time and money
- Re-invent information services
- Define, measure and communicate information value.
Contact us to find out if your organisation already has a Jinfo Subscription.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
Learn about the vital role of nurturing the talent pipeline and succession. There's now a legal cut of our news and current awareness survey. And a real need for information managers to assert themselves to maximise the value of generative AI and mitigate the risks.Read on the Blog
- Talent management, legal news cut, generative AI developments and new products
5th September 2023
- News and current awareness, GenAI, talent development and pharma and bioscience CI are in all in our sights
2nd August 2023
- GenAI developments and competitive intelligence in pharma and biosciences
4th July 2023
- Legal implications of licensing third party content for GenAI (Community) 24th October 2023
- Managing the talent pipeline & succession (Community) 14th September 2023
- The impact of AI – how are vendors responding? (Community) 20th July 2023