Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
5th May 2022
[Focus: Value Chain]
The foundation of Value Chain Analysis requires you to shift your mindset to focus on a question that information teams are not accustomed to answering in detail: “What is the business trying to accomplish?”
Mastering this shift takes practice, feedback and – often – external perspective to get away from the way you’re used to looking at things in order to explore alternatives.
May's Community session provided a forum for practice, feedback and perspective amongst information leaders working on similar challenges.
During this session, we tackled Value Chain Analysis, Step 1 - Foundation. Using examples adapted from client projects and facilitated discussion, participants practised articulating their knowledge, analysing business activities, and identifying the questions requiring additional research with stakeholders.
Prior to the session, participants were asked to spend 30 minutes on Step 1 - Foundation, from Jinfo’s Focus on Value Chain:
Sign in with your MyJinfo credentials to access these materials. Then review the Jinfo Report from this session with the anonymised notes from our discussion to catch up on what you missed or reflect on what you heard.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for Jinfo clients.
If you are a client, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
Tuesday, 17th May 2022
Value Chain Analysis has its roots in client work, going back nearly a decade. Since then, information teams in a range of industries have adapted and applied it to a host of business challenges, with transformative results.Read on the Blog
- What can you do with Value Chain Analysis? What CAN’T you do?
Wednesday, 11th May 2022
- Trust Your Knowledge, Elevate Your Standing
Wednesday, 27th April 2022
- Change your mindset, change your world
Wednesday, 13th April 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset (Community) Thursday, 5th May 2022
- Advance as an information leader, activate your expertise (Community) Tuesday, 29th March 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022
- Validating your hypothesis (Webinar) Thursday, 31st March 2022
- Foundation of Value Chain Analysis (Webinar) Thursday, 31st March 2022