Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
5th May 2022
[Focus: Value Chain]
The foundation of Value Chain Analysis requires you to shift your mindset to focus on a question that information teams are not accustomed to answering in detail: “What is the business trying to accomplish?”
Mastering this shift takes practice, feedback and – often – external perspective to get away from the way you’re used to looking at things in order to explore alternatives.
May's Community session provided a forum for practice, feedback and perspective amongst information leaders working on similar challenges.
During this session, we tackled Value Chain Analysis, Step 1 - Foundation. Using examples adapted from client projects and facilitated discussion, participants practised articulating their knowledge, analysing business activities, and identifying the questions requiring additional research with stakeholders.
Prior to the session, participants were asked to spend 30 minutes on Step 1 - Foundation, from Jinfo’s Focus on Value Chain:
Sign in with your MyJinfo credentials to access these materials. Then review the Jinfo Report from this session with the anonymised notes from our discussion to catch up on what you missed or reflect on what you heard.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for Jinfo clients.
If you are a client, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
Tuesday, 17th May 2022
Upcoming Community sessions
- The Inside Circle – let's talk suppliers,
Thursday, 29th September 2022
"Is the client always right?"
21st September 2022
Whilst user expressions of value are important, they should be treated with caution. Information leaders can offer significant value by enabling smart decisions about information products and services. Realising this potential hinges on your ability to frame the question and offer potential solutions that serve the best interests of your organisation.Read on the Blog
- Is the client always right?
Wednesday, 21st September 2022
- Portfolio Management: do your "users' expression of value" drive your decisions?
Wednesday, 17th August 2022
- Are you in a proactive state of resilience? Preparing for contract negotiations
Wednesday, 13th July 2022
- Let's talk about benchmarks (Community) Tuesday, 18th October 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk suppliers (Community) Thursday, 29th September 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022