Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
5th May 2022
[Focus: Value Chain]
The foundation of Value Chain Analysis requires you to shift your mindset to focus on a question that information teams are not accustomed to answering in detail: “What is the business trying to accomplish?”
Mastering this shift takes practice, feedback and – often – external perspective to get away from the way you’re used to looking at things in order to explore alternatives.
May's Community session provided a forum for practice, feedback and perspective amongst information leaders working on similar challenges.
During this session, we tackled Value Chain Analysis, Step 1 - Foundation. Using examples adapted from client projects and facilitated discussion, participants practised articulating their knowledge, analysing business activities, and identifying the questions requiring additional research with stakeholders.
Prior to the session, participants were asked to spend 30 minutes on Step 1 - Foundation, from Jinfo’s Focus on Value Chain:
- Recorded webinar – Foundation of Value Chain Analysis
- Activity (PDF) – Draft Analysis of Value.
Sign in with your MyJinfo credentials to access these materials. Then review the Jinfo Report from this session with the anonymised notes from our discussion to catch up on what you missed or reflect on what you heard.
Slide presentation and notes
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available through a Jinfo Subscription.
If your organisation has a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Community event title: Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Community deck - Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset
Tuesday, 17th May 2022
[New] Contribute to the news and current awareness survey 2023
Community session – Initial findings from the News and Current Awareness Survey
20th June 2023
"Vendor management template, news and current awareness survey, AI"
3rd May 2023
Check out our new vendor management template and contribute to our latest survey on the provision of news and current awareness services. Come along to our next Community session to discuss the impact of AI and get some great tips for managing up from our April session.Read on the Blog
- Vendor management template, news and current awareness survey, AI
3rd May 2023
- Contribute to the news and current awareness survey 2023
2nd May 2023
- More effective vendor negotiations
3rd April 2023
- Community session (TBD) (Community) 18th July 2023
- Initial findings from the News and Current Awareness Survey (Community) 20th June 2023
- Impact of artificial intelligence (Community) 23rd May 2023