Product Review of LexisNexis TotalPatent
20th April 2015
This product review of TotalPatent, a global patent research database from LexisNexis, provides an overview of value offered along with the company's contact details. 100 patent issuing authorities are covered and patents are searchable in their original language (except for non-Latin) as well as machine-translated English for 10 languages.
- Covers links to other tools from parent company Reed Elsevier such as Scopus and CourtLink.
- Looks at the technology and tests out the semantic, guided and advanced search as well as putting through their paces the "widgets" which can be used to supplement search strategy.
- Looks at the competitor landscape, where established products such as Thomson Innovation and Minesoft PatBase operate alongside free services such as Espacenet and PatentLens, and reflects on TotalPatent's product maturity and frequency of upgrades.
Reviewed by Robyn Smith
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product Review of LexisNexis TotalPatent
- Pages: 26
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Mini Review of Lexis Advance HD
Friday, 15th May 2015
- Product Review of LexisNexis TotalPatent (Competitors, Development & Pricing)
Wednesday, 8th April 2015
- Product Review of LexisNexis TotalPatent (Technology - Search & User Interface; Outputs & Alerts; Administration & Help)
Monday, 6th April 2015
- Product Review of LexisNexis TotalPatent (Sources - Content & Coverage)
Friday, 3rd April 2015
- Product Review of LexisNexis TotalPatent (Introduction; Value; Contact Details)
Thursday, 2nd April 2015
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021