Product review of Nexis
13th December 2017
Our in-depth product review of Nexis, a provider of premium curated business, industry and news information, looks at how this global premium news database and research platform has evolved since our last full review over two years ago.
- Introduces Nexis and highlights the value the product offers
- Looks at the range of content available through the global news aggregation service, including special content and geographical coverage. New content added since the last Nexis review is also covered
- Examines new functionality, including search and output features
- Covers new features such as additions to Nexis SmartIndexing
- Concludes with a general overview of product development and what future changes we can expect over the next few years
- It also covers pricing
- Highlights direct competitors such as Factiva, as well as a range of aggregators including EBSCO, ProQuest and Thomson Reuters.
Reviewed by Chris Porter.
Update: A new review of this product is available here »
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Nexis
- Pages: 24
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Comparing product satisfaction for Factiva vs Nexis users - 2018
Friday, 28th September 2018
- Product review of Nexis (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Monday, 18th December 2017
- Product review of Nexis (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Friday, 15th December 2017
- Product review of Nexis (sources - content & coverage)
Thursday, 14th December 2017
- Product review of Nexis (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Wednesday, 13th December 2017
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021