Product review of Minesoft PatBase
11th December 2018
Minesoft PatBase is an award-winning global patent database used by intellectual property professionals who rely on it for its business-critical patent information. It has undergone quite a few changes since we last reviewed the product a few years ago. Two notable changes include its analytics tool and the recent partnership with Darts-ip, which will have a positive effect on the available content.
With over 50,000 users worldwide, including patent-litigating leading law firms, it also claims to be the first commercial patent database to offer non-Latin search capabilities since 2008.
- Looks at the platform's key advantages and value
- Highlights the platform's range of information sources, including full-text coverage of over 100 authorities from over 60 countries
- Explores the platform's technology, particularly its user interface and functionality
- Looks at the outputs, including the ability to download data in a variety of formats
- Identifies competitors, including Clarivate Analytics, Questel and Total Patent
- Explains the pricing model
- Outlines development plans, including its partnership with Darts-ip and more advanced search options
- Explores the help and training available, including a variety of guides and contacts.
By: Scott Vine
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Minesoft PatBase
- Pages: 43
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Minesoft PatBase (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Friday, 14th December 2018
- Product review of Minesoft PatBase (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Thursday, 13th December 2018
- Product review of Minesoft PatBase (sources - content & coverage)
Wednesday, 12th December 2018
- Product review of Minesoft PatBase (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 11th December 2018
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021