Product review of Minesoft PatBase
11th December 2018
Minesoft PatBase is an award-winning global patent database used by intellectual property professionals who rely on it for its business-critical patent information. It has undergone quite a few changes since we last reviewed the product a few years ago. Two notable changes include its analytics tool and the recent partnership with Darts-ip, which will have a positive effect on the available content.
With over 50,000 users worldwide, including patent-litigating leading law firms, it also claims to be the first commercial patent database to offer non-Latin search capabilities since 2008.
- Looks at the platform's key advantages and value
- Highlights the platform's range of information sources, including full-text coverage of over 100 authorities from over 60 countries
- Explores the platform's technology, particularly its user interface and functionality
- Looks at the outputs, including the ability to download data in a variety of formats
- Identifies competitors, including Clarivate Analytics, Questel and Total Patent
- Explains the pricing model
- Outlines development plans, including its partnership with Darts-ip and more advanced search options
- Explores the help and training available, including a variety of guides and contacts.
By: Scott Vine
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Minesoft PatBase
- Pages: 43
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Minesoft PatBase (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Friday, 14th December 2018
- Product review of Minesoft PatBase (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Thursday, 13th December 2018
- Product review of Minesoft PatBase (sources - content & coverage)
Wednesday, 12th December 2018
- Product review of Minesoft PatBase (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 11th December 2018
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021