Adopting technology for discovery 2019
21st August 2019
Jinfo's research on discovery tools and priorities looks at the adoption of technology for content discovery by information professionals across a range of industries. Now in its third year, we set out to build on research from the last two years with a focus on science-based research organisations.
The report covers:
- Typical technology-related projects that a department addresses
- How respondents keep up to date with technology
- How to make it easier for users to access all relevant resources through a single interface
- What products, technologies or platforms have been used, and are currently being used, to provide a single point of entry and/or back-end integration of databases
- The application and importance of smart technologies to surface insights
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Adopting technology for discovery 2019
- Pages: 26
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Super users as partners and advocates
Thursday, 17th October 2019
- Adopting technology for discovery 2019 (Fresh insights through smart technology)
Wednesday, 21st August 2019
- Adopting technology for discovery 2019 (Single point of entry/back-end integration)
Tuesday, 20th August 2019
- Adopting technology for discovery 2019 (Keeping up with technology)
Friday, 16th August 2019
- Adopting technology for discovery 2019 (Foundation - definitions and desires)
Thursday, 15th August 2019
- Adopting technology for discovery 2019 (Introduction)
Wednesday, 14th August 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021