DIY Content Aggregation: Benefits & Costs of Managing Your Own Platform
23rd November 2015
[Topic Series: News, and Other Commodities]
Many organisations are questioning the wisdom of licensing large databases of news and related information, when they really just need a subset, or when essential resources are not included in the dataset.
Platform technologies to enable information centres to create, manage and distribute their own blends of content are increasingly available and up to the challenges of even a large, global organisation.
Some of these are available via database providers (such as Newsdesk from LexisNexis; SinglePoint from Northern Light); others are standalone technology pure-plays (EditorEye, Linex Systems, Attensa).
Should you be considering this option? Join this session to hear about the pros, cons and processes for DIY aggregation:
- The perceived and real benefits of going DIY
- Process for gathering requirements and testing options
- A clear evaluation of the new costs to consider, as well as potential savings (if any).
We'll also share tips on approaching this type of project - which stakeholders to engage when, how to manage resources and protocols for platform testing.
The future of current awareness requires closer management of both sources and distribution methods. This FreePint webinar will bring that future into focus.
Restricted to FreePint Subscribers and registered guests. Included in your FreePint Subscription, but spaces are limited.
- Monday, 23rd November at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 GMT / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes
Webinar Recording and/or Slide Deck
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for Jinfo clients.
If you are a client, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
"My stakeholders finally understand what we do" – Senior Information Manager, manufacturing industry
Work on information strategy in 2022 with Jinfo if you want to:
- Measure, communicate and improve the ROI of information
- Consistently dedicate time to strategy, despite competing demands
- Build on methods tested and proven in other organisations.
For more on how your organisation benefits and how to get started, check out our "Spotlight on strategy".
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Measure the impact of information with Value Chain analysis
Monday, 22nd November 2021
- You know more than you think you do
Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Overcoming the barriers to progress on information strategy (Community) Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021