Andrew Clark is currently director of scientific information services at UCB, a mid-sized biopharmaceutical company based in Belgium. He has been with the company for eleven years and is responsible for delivering cutting edge enterprise-wide information services.
Andrew is also Vice-president of the Pharmaceutical Documentation Ring (P-D-R), an organisation which represents the scientific information centres of 26 of the leading global pharmaceutical companies.
Andrew speaks regularly at industry events and writes in industry bulletins.
Articles by Andrew Clark:
Innovation and development at UCB
Monday, 19th March 2018
UCB's Scientific Information Service (SIS) held a Futures conference in 2017 for its users and select vendors to explore emerging ideas and technologies in the areas of content access and procurement. The conference was invitation-only, to make it more compelling for users to attend and keep it to a manageable size. It consisted of an introductory keynote, break-out sessions and short presentations covering relevant topics and this article looks at what was learnt as well as offering some practical next steps to help your organisation if wanting to plan a similar conference.
My Favourite Tipples from a biopharmaceutical specialist
Wednesday, 10th August 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Andrew Clark, director of scientific information services at UCB, a mid-sized biopharmaceutical company based in Belgium. He shares his favourite online resources in areas from strategic planning to real-time information monitoring.
Enhance Your Professional Development through Association Membership
Friday, 22nd May 2015
Membership of a professional association can help to enhance your career and offer a raft of new learning opportunities, explains Andrew Clark.
Driving Professional Development through Associations
Wednesday, 20th May 2015
Andrew Clark, president of the Pharma Documentation Ring (P-D-R) and active member of SLA, explains how being an active member of a professional association can help to enhance your career and keep your professional development continuous in order to meet the changing requirements that affect the information industry today. He offers some useful guidance on how to choose the right association for you and the major benefits that can ensue.
Content management - A VIP Editorial
Wednesday, 12th October 2011
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021