Alison Miller is the Manager of the ipl2 Reference Services at Drexel University and the WISE (Web-based Information Science Education) Coordinator for Syracuse University. She is also an adjunct instructor for Drexel and Syracuse, teaching courses including Digital Reference Services, Reference and Information Literacy Services, Innovation in Public Libraries and Social Networking in Libraries. She is proud to have been named a Library Journal Mover & Shaker for Innovation in 2010. Alison has worked in public, academic and special libraries. She is passionate about librarianship and is always looking to improve practice, change misconceptions about libraries and librarians, and spark innovation. Alison is also active in associations and currently on the Board for the Association for Rural & Small Libraries.
Articles by Alison Miller:
Working together to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders - a FUMSI Editorial
Thursday, 15th March 2012
We know that every organisation has stakeholders that they must consult in decision-making and consider in this results-driven society. This is true for large companies, small businesses, international industries, and national issues and production. The articles in this issue of FUMSI Magazine show that there are many tools and methods that can be used to defragment areas of our rapidly changing world to improve internal and external communication, facilitate networking and increase opportunities; all of which can enhance our value proposition.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021