Tom Brown is a director and senior consultant within Tbrown Consulting Limited - a UK-based firm that provides bespoke consulting, advisory, training and outsourcing services within Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer & compliance.
His services have seen him advise and manage several departments and teams in AML, compliance and remediation projects within the legal, tax advisory, banking, oil & gas and shipping industries with clients such as BP, Perfect Information, International Compliance Association (ICA), Deloitte, PwC Lebanon, Bank Audi, Lloyds Banking Group, HSBC.
Tom is also a qualified barrister & solicitor, a CAMS & ICA qualified specialist and a lecturer in Money Laundering Law at the Cardiff Law School and City University London.
Articles by Tom Brown:
The Complexities of Politically Exposed Persons
Friday, 1st November 2013
How to know, understand and identify a Politically Exposed Person (PEP), manage the firm's risk expectations and have a better perspective of how the PEP's funds are generated and where they originate is a complex process, littered with pitfalls. Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) specialist Tom Brown highlights some of the key challenges for compliance professionals.
Understanding Politically Exposed Persons & Their Associated Risks: Part 2
Thursday, 31st October 2013
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) specialist Tom Brown identifies five key areas which will help compliance and AML staff to identify who their PEP (Politically Exposed Persons) clients really are and whether the source of their wealth is genuine. He covers topics such as initial and ongoing due diligence procedures, enhanced due diligence checks, the firm's systems and controls, the firm's risk appetite and the level of KYC checks carried out.
Understanding Politically Exposed Persons & Their Associated Risks: Part 1
Wednesday, 30th October 2013
Tom Brown provides guidance on the definition of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) between jurisdictions and looks at how Anti-Money Laundering and compliance specialists can manage the huge risks associated with PEPs as a result of these clients' exposure to wealth, power, information and influence.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021