Dr. Sarah J. Huibregtse is a consultant specialising in learning design. Sarah has experience with the design and development of learning experiences within K-12, college and business environments. She has developed instructional materials for employee trainings, small- and large-group presentations, and face-to-face and online courses. Her eclectic background includes software implementation and training, teaching at various levels of education, and collegiate instructional design and technology for business, computer application, and programming courses in a variety of environments. Sarah holds a PhD in Instructional Design for Online Learning from Capella University. To be an effective learning designer, Sarah finds it essential to be a lifelong learner and to continue teaching.
Articles by Sarah Huibregtse:
As the FreePint Topic Series: Best Practices in Information Skills Development concludes, co-producers Sarah Huibregtse and Val Skelton highlight key themes that have emerged from the series. These include the evolution of the user, the constant shift of organisational priorities, needs analysis and development of objectives, skills development strategies, changes in delivery methods, and building partnerships. Additionally, some initial thoughts regarding the skills development strategy research are shared.
Achieving Engaging Training at Low Cost
Monday, 22nd June 2015
Val Skelton and Sarah Huibregtse, co-producers of the FreePint Topic Series "Best Practices in Information Skills Development", highlight some of the latest articles from the series and considers the place that competency-based training, video, and open courses have in today's training programmes.
Narrowing the Skills Gap
Wednesday, 3rd June 2015
Co-producers of the Topic Series "Best Practices in Information Skills Development", Val Skelton and Sarah Huibregtse, look at the articles, webinars and Community of Practice events yet to come in the series. Upcoming articles will cover flexible pathways to learning, using video in training, and using competency-based strategies to develop your information team.
Developing Skills for Ourselves, Team and End Users
Thursday, 21st May 2015
As we reach the mid-way point of our Topic Series "Best Practices in Information Skills Development", series co-producers Sarah Huibregtse and Val Skelton reflect on how content is addressing the way training can plug business-critical skills gaps, guidance for information professionals who are training service teams and end-users, and how information leaders can grasp training opportunities for their own continuing professional development.
Strategies for Developing and Conducting Training
Wednesday, 6th May 2015
The rise of the "self-sufficient user" means that information teams can focus more on providing high-value services. Yet the rise of self-sufficiency is also responsible for the increased demand for information skills training. Series co-producers Sarah Huibregtse and Val Skelton reflect on some of the lessons learned so far by training experts in the FreePint Topic Series "Best Practices in Information Skills Development".
Reports by Sarah Huibregtse:
Best Practices in Information Skills Development
Wednesday, 15th July 2015
This end of series report collects selected articles, producers" commentary and a full thematic index of content from the FreePint Topic Series "Best...
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021