Amy spent 18 years as a management consultant and research department manager. She is experienced in competitive intelligence for business development, account strategic management, use of primary and secondary research for business, driving consumer insights in research, establishment and operations of global research organisations and benchmarking. She is the co-author of several whitepapers related to benchmarking. She holds a B.S. in Business Administration/Economics from the University of Tennessee.
Articles by Amy Burns:
Unique characteristics of information services in biopharma
Thursday, 7th September 2017
Get a flavour of the discussions from our recent industry roundtable for information professionals in biopharma.
Research update - creating an even better Jinfo Community
Thursday, 10th August 2017
Exciting new developments and sessions are underway in our Community offering. Find out more.
What's upcoming in our Community offering
Monday, 7th August 2017
What new sessions are upcoming in our Community offering - and what did our latest research with participants show they value most?
How is a Jinfo Community session different from a webinar?
Wednesday, 26th July 2017
Find out more about Jinfo's events programme and what you can expect from attending one of our webinars vs one of our Community sessions.
Information centres in unusual places
Tuesday, 27th June 2017
Amy Burns highlights five information centres who are unusual for reporting into departments outside the norm. She identifies why the move happened, the benefits its brought and whether you should consider requesting a move for your own department.
Reports by Amy Burns:
Benchmark information services - optimise your structure
Tuesday, 4th July 2017
As part of Jinfo"s Research Focus, "Benchmark information roles - optimise your structure", we researched varia...
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021