Amy spent 18 years as a management consultant and research department manager. She is experienced in competitive intelligence for business development, account strategic management, use of primary and secondary research for business, driving consumer insights in research, establishment and operations of global research organisations and benchmarking. She is the co-author of several whitepapers related to benchmarking. She holds a B.S. in Business Administration/Economics from the University of Tennessee.
Articles by Amy Burns:
Unique characteristics of information services in biopharma
Thursday, 7th September 2017
Get a flavour of the discussions from our recent industry roundtable for information professionals in biopharma.
Research update - creating an even better Jinfo Community
Thursday, 10th August 2017
Exciting new developments and sessions are underway in our Community offering. Find out more.
What's upcoming in our Community offering
Monday, 7th August 2017
What new sessions are upcoming in our Community offering - and what did our latest research with participants show they value most?
How is a Jinfo Community session different from a webinar?
Wednesday, 26th July 2017
Find out more about Jinfo's events programme and what you can expect from attending one of our webinars vs one of our Community sessions.
Information centres in unusual places
Tuesday, 27th June 2017
Amy Burns highlights five information centres who are unusual for reporting into departments outside the norm. She identifies why the move happened, the benefits its brought and whether you should consider requesting a move for your own department.
Reports by Amy Burns:
Benchmark information services - optimise your structure
Tuesday, 4th July 2017
As part of Jinfo"s Research Focus, "Benchmark information roles - optimise your structure", we researched varia...
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021