Benchmark information services - optimise your structure
4th July 2017
As part of Jinfo's Research Focus, "Benchmark information roles - optimise your structure", we researched variables that contribute to the visibility, value and strategic importance of information expertise in successful companies.
This report includes:
- Methodology and goals
Chapter 1: understanding the environment
- Three clusters of responses
- Four functions and where they sit
- Complementary parts of the business
- What it means/what you can do
Chapter 2: customers and services
- 3 ways of describing customers
- Real world customers vs. "on paper"
- Two categories of response to pillars of service
- Layering the "what" and the "how"
- What you can do
Chapter 3: measuring success
- Why do it?
- How defined?
- How measured?
- Tools, reports and dashboards
- What you can do
Chapter 4: vendor relations
- Other issues
- What you can do
Chapter 5: user needs are changing
- What's driving changes
- Training needs
- Use of free and non-cost resources
Chapter 6: raw data
- All tables and data from the benchmarking research
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Benchmark information services - optimise your structure
- Pages: 39
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Establishing meaningful usage metrics for benchmarking
Monday, 11th June 2018
- Encourage your information team to take on new challenges
Thursday, 3rd August 2017
- How understanding organisational structures can inform effective information services
Monday, 24th July 2017
- Jinfo research on benchmarking information services (raw data)
Monday, 3rd July 2017
- Jinfo research on benchmarking information services (user needs are changing)
Thursday, 29th June 2017
- Jinfo research on benchmarking information services (vendor relations)
Monday, 26th June 2017
- Jinfo research on benchmarking information services (measuring success)
Friday, 23rd June 2017
- Jinfo research on benchmarking information services (customers and services)
Thursday, 22nd June 2017
- Jinfo research on benchmarking information services (understanding the environment)
Wednesday, 21st June 2017
- Jinfo research on benchmarking information services (introduction)
Tuesday, 20th June 2017
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021