A NYC-based employee communications consultant (www.Konnectum.com) with almost 30 years’ experience in global sales, marketing and communications roles in the information industry. She worked in Dallas and London for Dow Jones and Factiva in various management roles. Her employee communications consulting business covers medium-size to Fortune 500 level companies. Mary is a native Kentuckian with Bachelor and master’s degrees in international business from the University of Kentucky. When she is not in NYC working on her consulting business, Mary can be found at the famous Keeneland racetrack in Lexington, KY. She can be contacted on: email@example.com or LinkedIn.
Articles by Mary McCall:
How to be an effective communicator
Thursday, 24th May 2018
Information professionals have a range of skills at their disposal to deliver information services within their organisations, but it can be quite demoralising when those skills aren't recognised. It's essential to stand out and make your voice heard and this article looks at what it takes to be an effective communicator and get your message across. It also shows you how to successfully collaborate with others to do this and offers many useful tips to put this all into practice.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021