Information leaders start in front of the mirror
Wednesday, 23rd March 2022
Information leaders have a wide range of personalities, skills and spheres of influence – there’s a leadership style that suits just about everyone. Jinfo clients explore and cultivate theirs in Community sessions and 1:1 work with our analysts. Think you aren’t leadership material? Look in the mirror and think again.
This month, we're examining the difference between "information managers" and "information leaders" from different angles – behaviours, examples, and practical suggestions for adjustments that will help you grow as a leader.
There's an important first step that every single information manager, emerging or mature information leader can take, and re-take, every single day:
When you look in the mirror, see an information leader.
Cultivate and reinforce your self-perception as expert, strategic, valuable and insightful. This is the one common characteristic of every truly effective information leader.
This month’s Community session, "Advance as an information leader, activate your expertise" (29th March) will discuss the importance of self-perception, and there are only a few available seats remaining.
Find your leadership style
It's always a pleasure – and indeed an honour – to work with Jinfo clients on finding the leadership style that works for them. We look at:
- the nature of the business
- the priorities of information strategy
- the number and variety of stakeholders, direct reports and partners...
... to articulate what leadership means in a given context.
Equally important is the attention we pay to what works for a specific person. I’ve encountered far too many information professionals who think they can't possibly be leaders.
Introverts can be leaders. Remote workers can be leaders. Some lead three people; some lead three hundred people. Nothing disqualifies you from making this journey.
Are you ready to explore the next step? We can help you find your way. Contact us today.
Holding vendors to account
Thursday, 15th December 2022
[New] The Jinfo Subscription is back by popular demand!
13th October 2022
"Are you in a "proactive state of resilience"?"
15th November 2022
With the year end looming, our clients are closing out their 2022 deliverables and turning their attention to 2023 and the challenge of a more uncertain operating environment.Read on the Blog
- 2022: the more things change, the more they stay the same
Tuesday, 29th November 2022
- Are you in a "proactive state of resilience"?
Tuesday, 15th November 2022
- Strategies for succeeding in the final quarter
Wednesday, 26th October 2022
- Let’s talk talent (Community) Tuesday, 10th January 2023
- Holding vendors to account (Community) Thursday, 15th December 2022
- Cost reduction strategies for content portfolios (Community) Tuesday, 22nd November 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022