Does your data tell a story to your stakeholders?
Wednesday, 25th May 2022
Understanding the value of information requires context, and storytelling is how we can make context clear. Jinfo’s methodology of Value Chain Analysis enables you to construct a compelling story for your stakeholders about the value of information. Wondering how it works? That’s also a compelling story – learn more.
The five-minute overview Jinfo's Director of Research Robin Neidorf provides in our most recent YouTube video ("What’s the origin of Value Chain Analysis?") tells a story about how information builds up until a new insight emerges.
Following its release, we received a number of messages from current and past Jinfo clients, with variations of this response: "I get it now."
On reflection, I think that the entire process of Value Chain Analysis enables you to do the same thing: assemble information into a structure and context that makes the impact and benefit clear.
Storytelling is how humans make abstract ideas concrete, and nothing could be more abstract than "the value of information." But closing the gap between data and impact is, as we all know, tricky.
With publication of "Step 3: Application" in Jinfo’s Focus on Value Chain, the entire methodology of identifying, capturing, and then – most importantly – interpreting and contexutalising data is now available to clients on our website.
For each step, a recorded webinar walks you through the concepts, and a PDF activity provides the structure for applying them to your world. By completing these steps, you develop your basic toolkit for telling your value story to your stakeholders.
If Robin’s storytelling (5 minutes, view now) enables you to picture benefits differently, I encourage you to explore the Focus on Value Chain further – we’ve seen the transformation this methodology prompts, and when you become a client, we can help you realise it.
"Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?"
15th June 2022
If progress on your strategy seems stuck, it may be time to revisit your operational plan. The latest resources in Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence offer step-by-step guidance on how to break down a Big Vision into manageable, measurable pieces. Learn more about the practical steps you can take to get from Point A to Point B without overloading your team's capacity.Read on the Blog
- Meet these four requirements to make progress on information strategy
Wednesday, 29th June 2022
- Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?
Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Does your data tell a story to your stakeholders?
Wednesday, 25th May 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk talent (Community) Monday, 31st October 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk suppliers (Community) Friday, 30th September 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022