News and current awareness, GenAI, talent development and pharma and bioscience CI are in all in our sights
2nd August 2023
News and current awareness survey report
Our “News and current awareness report 2023”, is now available, and the data clearly illustrates:
- The information function is more aligned with their stakeholders and revenue generating teams than ever before
- Their skills are being more effectively leveraged to consult and advise on news and current awareness services
- Self-service has increased, but still has room for growth
- There is a “flight to quality” for reliable news sources
- Free news sources are good enough, in some scenarios.
It's been three years since we published this research and the results provide very clear perspectives on how this critical function has evolved through the pandemic.
GenAI - how are vendors responding?
We have received fantastic feedback following the recent Community session “The impact of AI – how are vendors responding?”, with one attendee remarking:
“Wow! It’s crazy how this is changing our world so quickly. I am not on top of things at all with AI… but this helped bring me up to speed”.
Three suppliers already embracing GenAI gave us a fascinating, if slightly scary, insight into the future potential of GenAI for information publishers and consumers.
One remarked during the session:
“There will be a scenario where most junior and middle level knowledge roles are no longer needed, but what does this mean for people’s careers?
It seems inevitable that in the future, new entrants to the workforce will not only be competing with one another, but also with these technologies to secure their first role”.
You can catch up now by:
- Reading our follow-up article “The impact of GenAI – the suppliers' perspective”
- Tuning in to hear the conversation with the CEOs in our Recorded Webinar “The impact of AI – risk, regulation and retention”.
Managing the talent pipeline & succession - September Community
With those remarks ringing in our ears, we are preparing our September Community session - “Managing the talent pipeline & succession”.
Hélène Russell will offer some insights from her recent research, and facilitate a discussion about staff retention, succession planning, and strategies for mitigating the risk and cost of knowledge loss through attrition.
Competitive intelligence in pharma and bioscience
We are currently exploring a research project into how CI functions are organised: their activities, the skills and training needed, and how CI databases and vendors contribute to this work.
If you’re in pharma and bioscience, you should have received an invitation to participate. If you haven’t, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the details.
Learn about the vital role of nurturing the talent pipeline and succession. There's now a legal cut of our news and current awareness survey. And a real need for information managers to assert themselves to maximise the value of generative AI and mitigate the risks.Read on the Blog
- Talent management, legal news cut, generative AI developments and new products
5th September 2023
- News and current awareness, GenAI, talent development and pharma and bioscience CI are in all in our sights
2nd August 2023
- GenAI developments and competitive intelligence in pharma and biosciences
4th July 2023
- Legal implications of licensing third party content for GenAI (Community) 24th October 2023
- Managing the talent pipeline & succession (Community) 14th September 2023
- The impact of AI – how are vendors responding? (Community) 20th July 2023