Survey on News and Beyond Aggregation
Wednesday, 18th December 2013
News and beyond aggregation are under scrutiny in December with the Buyer's Guide on News Content published earlier this month and the results of our Annual Survey on News Needs & Preferences published this week. Along with the reports, there's also the opportunity to read the 50+ articles, Q&As, reviews and case studies published as part of the FreePint Topic Series: Beyond Aggregation. And in 2014 FreePint's in-person Communities of Practice in the US and UK offer the chance to network with peers to further discuss news aggregation.
Survey on News and Beyond Aggregation
As 2013 wraps up, we publish the latest results of our Annual Survey of News Needs & Preferences - a project I eagerly anticipate working on each autumn.
Read about the key findings here, including the percentage of respondents actively seeking alternative solutions, increasing interest in streaming technologies to pull in a broader definition of news, and other variables that are sure to have a deep influence on purchasing decisions in the coming year.
You can also read the concluding comments from Andrew Grave, the producer of the FreePint Topic Series: Beyond Aggregation, describing the reviews, articles and webinars provided through this series. If you haven't yet requested your free copy of the FreePint Report: Buyer's Guide on News Content, published in this series, register here to receive it.
Coming in 2014
The topic of news aggregation will be the centrepiece of in-person Community of Practice sessions we're hosting in London, New York, Chicago and Minneapolis in the first two months of 2014.
Thank you for your enthusiastic response to our initial announcement of these sessions - if we haven't already planned a location near you, please contact me directly at email@example.com to discuss your needs.
We're also making progress on research and commissioning articles and reports for FreePint Topic Series for 2014 on:
- The social enterprise
- Mobile security
- International copyright
- Publisher business models and pricing.
If you have suggestions for articles, product reviews or other content you think we should cover in FreePint, please share them via our online contact form.
Happy New Year!
Thank you for making FreePint part of your professional reading in 2013, and we hope you like the updated the format of the newsletter, which reflects our continuing effort to streamline and simplify the structure of FreePint.
If your organisation doesn't yet have a FreePint Subscription, I encourage you to unlock the benefits for 2014 by taking a look at the Subscription Articles, Reports and Communities of Practice and ordering a FreePint Subscription by completing the form, "How can FreePint help?".
A very Happy New Year to you from all at FreePint.
- Blog post title: Survey on News and Beyond Aggregation
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Sixth Annual News Needs & Preferences Survey Shows Change in Attitudes
Monday, 16th December 2013
- Concluding the FreePint Topic Series: Beyond Aggregation
Wednesday, 11th December 2013
- In-Person Communities of Practice Coming in January and February
Wednesday, 4th December 2013
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: