Jinfo Feedback - Imminent End of Morningstar's "Company Intelligence"
Tuesday, 15th March 2016
With Morningstar's "Company Intelligence" product being discontinued this summer, we're investigating what plans customers are making to fill the void that this will leave. We'd love to hear your views.
We recently received a query from a customer about Morningstar's "Company Intelligence" product, which is being discontinued by Morningstar at the end of July 2016.
This customer has used Company Intelligence for data on listed companies: "Essentially we’re getting a tearsheet we'd otherwise have to get elsewhere. Audit market share, quick company screening, FTSE, director change alerts and RNS alerts are also valuable, as well as advisor data."
One question is whether it makes more sense to replace this product, or instead to secure multiple sources that address different areas of what Company Intelligence has covered.
We're planning coverage of competitors and other resources to support this customer and any others in the same position.
Share Your Views
I invite you to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to add your perspective to our research:
- Do you use Company Intelligence, and if so, how are you planning to address the loss of the product?
- How do you source this type of information currently?
- Where do you fall on the spectrum of preferring a "one-stop resource" versus securing different resources that are better positioned to provide specific information?
All input will be held confidential, but if you prefer to submit your comments anonymously, you can do so on our contact form.
- Blog post title: Jinfo Feedback - Imminent End of Morningstar's "Company Intelligence"
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product Review of PrivCo (Introduction; Key Advantages; Contact Details)
Thursday, 18th February 2016
- Product Review of EBSCO Discovery Service (Introduction; Key Advantages; Contact Details)
Monday, 8th February 2016
- Product Review of D&B Hoover's (Introduction, Contact Details)
Tuesday, 13th January 2015
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: