S&P Capital IQ - deep financial data
Monday, 16th October 2017
The S&P Capital IQ platform has been freshly reviewed by Jinfo for 2017. Read about the enhancements that have been made to the sophisticated web-based platform and how the product continues to provide deep financial data and information on millions of companies, as well as data on markets, industries and people.
When choosing a premium platform for the global analysis of corporate, people and market data, idea generation, and workflow management, S&P Capital IQ is likely to be on your shortlist.
Excellent tools and workflow
S&P Capital IQ is a product of New York-based S&P Global, who specialise in financial information and analytics.
Described as a "single source for a powerful array of financial data, analytics and research", the product dives even deeper; covering information on private and public company executives, board members and investment professionals.
Since Jinfo last reviewed S&P Capital IQ in 2015, regular product updates and enhancements to the user experience have been made, warranting further investigations.
Andrew Lucas, author of the 2017 report, explains:
"In Jinfo's view, the S&P Capital IQ platform provides an excellent set of tools and workflow capabilities for the analysis of corporate, people and market data."
iPad app and Chinese content
When Jinfo first reviewed the product in May 2015, we were impressed by its highly structured company financial data, along with industry and other related data.
Since then, developments include:
- Enhanced user dashboard
- A new iPad app
- Addition of new content
- Expanded company financial data
- Debt data for thousands of Chinese companies is now available
- New "keyword" functionality now included.
To find out more, read the full product review of S&P Capital IQ. The report covers:
- Changes to the product
- What other data is available
- New features
- Help and training available
- Competitor landscape
- Product maturity and development plans
- The pricing model.
Jinfo Subscribers can log in now to read our "Product review of S&P Capital IQ".
If you do not have a Jinfo Subscription, you can purchase this report with a credit card.
- Blog post title: S&P Capital IQ - deep financial data
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Bloomberg and the Viability of the Standalone Terminal
Wednesday, 7th October 2015
- FreePint Feedback - Mergermarket and S&P Capital IQ
Thursday, 28th May 2015
- Product review of S&P Capital IQ
Monday, 2nd October 2017
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: