Why isn't text mining taking off faster?
Monday, 22nd January 2018
Text mining offers many possibilities for organisations reliant on gaining new insights into data from disparate sources and for whom quicker time to market is a priority. Yet challenges in commercial licensing, complex technology and user experience seem to be holding back the potential impact. Could RightFind XML for Mining from CCC be part of the solution?
Find out what our researcher thinks of RightFind XML for Mining, a product which gives you a complete article collection for text mining.
Text mining is an area we've been writing about since 2012 and has vast possibilities yet remains just out of reach of many organisations. If you have a Jinfo Subscription you can log in now to access the "Product walkthrough - RightFind XML for Mining" and find out how effectively it can be used to uncover previously hidden insights into a vast body of data.
Researcher Scott Vine investigated the potential of the RightFind XML for Mining tool from CCC to address challenges inherent in text mining.
In his overview of the product Scott comments, "In organisations with a high research and development budget, and where time to market can be critical, the ability to find new and unseen connections between pieces of data is likely to be something that grows in importance."
He adds, "With the exponential rise in big data, and the daily creation and storage of vast amounts of digital data, the importance of data management, storage and, even more importantly, data analysis is set to grow."
A complex area
Some of the areas that make text mining so complex include:
- Lacking the right tool to mine full-text articles in XML format
- Getting the right body of material to mine
- Securing the right permissions for commercial text and data mining
- Defining the right text semantics
- Developing a way to enable research teams to build their own content sets, scenarios and searches.
So, could RightFind XML for Mining from Copyright Clearance Center offer a way to overcome those challenges and allow researchers to uncover new insights in fields from biomedical and pharma to food and nutraceuticals? Read our overview to find out.
>> If you have a Jinfo Subscription you can log in now to access the Product walkthrough - RightFind XML for Mining now <<
>> Don't yet have a Jinfo Subscription? Start your access today <<
- Blog post title: Why isn't text mining taking off faster?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product walkthrough - RightFind XML for Mining
Thursday, 11th January 2018
- New developments for pharma in AI and data analytics
Tuesday, 19th December 2017
- RightFind XML for Mining - a Q&A with Copyright Clearance Center (CCC)
Thursday, 13th August 2015
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: