My Favourite Tipples from Jinfo's head of commercial development
Wednesday, 10th October 2018
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Claire Laybats, who has recently joined the Jinfo team as head of commercial development. She shares some of her preferred sources in areas from leadership to technology.
As Jinfo's head of commercial development I need to keep in touch with developments and evolution in the information sector and to connect with information and knowledge departments to understand their environment and challenges to know what may be of interest and help to them.
My top four online resources that help me do this are:
- McKinsey Insights: This site keeps me up to date with the latest trends in business, from leadership to technology
- Information Today: I use this to specifically tune into what is important and get the latest news in the information sector
- TechCrunch: I use this site to review technological trends and gain information on how new technology is being used
- Harvard Business Review: HBR is an excellent general business practice source, giving commentary and opinion on new developments as well as age old challenges
- Jinfo: Naturally I also turn to Jinfo to review what is new and developing in information strategy and practice.
- The BabyCentre: Being a mum to a three-year-old and 10-month-old I am constantly being presented with new challenges. The BabyCentre not only tracks your child(ren) from conception onwards but regularly updates you with advice on areas from behaviour through to ailments like teething and minor injuries. It also gives helpful information on parental health and challenges.
A recent Jinfo article I found particularly interesting:
- A topic that has been of personal and professional interest to me has been the development of artificial intelligence and its impact on data analytics. The Insights and Actions report from Jinfo's Research Focus "Data analytics - ready your information service" from 2016 still gives very interesting views on what information departments need to consider, from assessing source content to working with information vendors on data licensing, how to position skills in your information team to be embedded in data analytics projects, to considering ethics of data gathering and analysis.
Contribute your "My Favourite Tipples"
- Blog post title: My Favourite Tipples from Jinfo's head of commercial development
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- My Favourite Tipples from an information governance manager
Wednesday, 19th September 2018
- My Favourite Tipples from a business and patent information specialist
Wednesday, 5th September 2018
- My Favourite Tipples from a due diligence researcher
Wednesday, 22nd August 2018
- Insights and actions report from the Research Focus "Data analytics - ready your information service"
Thursday, 22nd December 2016
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: