Research update - optimisation at your fingertips
Thursday, 21st February 2019
Learn how Jinfo's Subscription resources and consulting offerings help your get more value from the same (or smaller) headcount. Whether it's webinars on improving efficiency, competency frameworks or examples of how technology is transforming industries, we've got something to shape your thinking and inform your action plans.
"Fewer people and increased demands" continues to be the drumbeat of our industry. That's why Jinfo places the principles of team optimisation front and centre in our research, planning and editorial calendar.
Our most recent blog item on "Jinfo for optimising your research service" describes how Jinfo's Subscription resources and consulting offerings help you break down the problem of getting more value from the same (or smaller) headcount. Whether you're interested in a webinar on improving efficiency through better use of technology, a competency framework to help you think through the right skills for your evolving "dream team", or seeing examples of how technology is transforming legal, pharma or other industries, you'll find something to shape your thinking and your action plans.
Optimisation is a process you can learn and apply. It's not mysterious or complex. At its heart, it comes down to three components:
- Define your highest value to your organisation
- Analyse how your department's work gets done
- Re-engineer workflow to better align with value.
Optimisation can be energising, or exhausting, or both. Thrive through the challenge with support. Join our upcoming Community session, "Jinfo for optimising a team of researchers", to swap ideas and support with peers working on similar issues. Community sessions are included in your Jinfo Subscription, and if you don't yet have a subscription, contact Claire Laybats, our head of commercial development, to request taster access.
Consider bringing a Jinfo Consulting workshop to work directly with your team: "Do better with less: workflow optimisation" takes you through a research-based curriculum to teach and apply the principles of optimisation. Read more about workshops and request further information here.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - optimisation at your fingertips
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - always be in beta, as an accidental technologist
Friday, 8th February 2019
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: