Building sustainable habits of optimisation
Wednesday, 13th February 2019
There's a basic formula for improving optimisation services for teams, and Jinfo helps teams apply those principles. We break down big ideas into manageable bits, while remaining flexible and adaptable and holding you (gently) accountable for progress. Learn more about Jinfo for team optimisation and how we can help your team build sustainable habits and achieve its goals.
The basic formula for getting healthier is not complex: eat less. Exercise more.
Research shows that despite the fact that we KNOW what we need to do, people who have a supportive peer group make more progress towards their goals. This is much like our experience with Jinfo for team optimisation services.
The same applies to the basic formulas for improving information services. We're smart people, and the answers are not mysterious. We know that, like health, the Jinfo customers who attend webinars and Community sessions, use the tools and resources in their Jinfo Subscription or work one-on-one with us through Jinfo Consulting make more progress, faster. Here's why:
- We break big ideas into manageable bits
- Our approach is flexible and adaptable, so you can incorporate the elements that work best for your environment
- When a Jinfo call is in the diary it's akin to a commitment to your personal trainer - you know you'll be held (gently) accountable.
The Jinfo Community sessions and webinars that keep you (or place you) on track include:
- Hone user efficiency with workflow tools (21st February)
- Continuous development to create the optimum technology environment (21st March)
- Adjust workflows to achieve balance in content, technology and behaviours (recording and notes available)
- Jinfo for optimising a team of researchers (notes available).
Need an introduction to team optimisation with Jinfo? Register for our 8th April "Jinfo for optimising a team of researchers", a confidential discussion with info pros like you.
Other tips and resources to boost your optimisation efforts include:
- Learn how technology is transforming your industry with our practitioner-written articles on professional services, legal, pharma, and manufacturing
- Leverage a competency framework to articulate your unique value to your organisation
- Consider the potential for freeing up time if you had a chatbot to handle basic queries.
This is just a sample of what Jinfo offers to support your team optimisation efforts. While the principles of optimisation are not difficult to learn, they do require practice, a bit of coaching and a lot of support to embed as sustainable habits.
- Blog post title: Building sustainable habits of optimisation
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Jinfo for optimising your research service
Thursday, 29th November 2018
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
Thursday, 15th April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: