Research update - Questions about value chain... answered
Thursday, 20th August 2020
Join Jinfo's free online discussions in September and find out how value chain analysis can transform your information service, using real-world experiences of customers and providing exercises you can start immediately.
What would it be worth to be able to show stakeholders who are asking – implicitly or explicitly – for proof of the ROI of investments in information?
Start to solve that problem now:
Join the Conversation on Value Chain, Jinfo's free online discussions scheduled for September.
We designed the Conversation on Value Chain to address a number of questions you were bringing us:
- What makes value chain analysis more effective than other approaches to making the case for value?
- Won't it take a lot of work to customise to our needs?
- How is this going to help us explain the value of information up the chain of command?
I'll be answering these questions and more, using examples from real-world experiences of customers and providing exercises you can start immediately.
There's nothing more exciting than watching information teams take these concepts and make them their own.
The resulting transformation is not just about how you communicate with stakeholders. It's also about staking the place of information expertise right where it belongs - at the strategic heart of the organisation.
You don't need to be a Jinfo customer to join the conversation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
- Blog post title: Research update - Questions about value chain... answered
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Research update - Let's talk about value and how to communicate it
Thursday, 6th August 2020
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: