Strengthen your information contract renewals with value chain analysis
Thursday, 29th October 2020
Negotiating information contracts with vendors can be difficult without enough data on the true value derived from a product. Jinfo's Consulting Pilot on Value Chain enables you to define the impact of products on generating revenue, enabling efficiency and managing risk. Take ownership of value and better navigate these negotiations.
One of the biggest gaps information professionals have with their information contract negotiations is the lack of data on value and impact. Without this perspective, vendors take the lead on defining value through usage, volume, seats, etc, rather than focusing on the value that the business acquires from the product.
It's YOUR definition of value
How would it feel to enter your contract negotiations with a scorecard to show your suppliers how they contribute (or not) to these goals?
- Generating revenue
- Fostering innovation
- Enabling efficiency
- Managing risk.
Sound impossible? Value chain analysis can get you there.
Jinfo's Consulting Pilot on Value Chain puts you on the fast track to use this powerful framework to communicate your definition of value. Our data-driven approach will identify and work through any tricky or difficult points, so you can successfully influence your negotiation.
Using our tailored process, your Jinfo analyst will walk you through the questions you need to answer to describe value, then map usage and other data to help you score and communicate with vendors.
The best part of the value chain process is that it provides you with a data-driven view into value and with Jinfo's industry-wide perspective, we can help you reframe the data based on its value to your business.
Getting started with value chain analysis lets you quickly develop a foundation to communicate with suppliers based on the data that demonstrates value. Jinfo helps you answer questions critical to your negotiations to build your value map and tie these to your business goals.
A Consulting Pilot on Value Chain is a practical and productive way to reset negotiations. In as little as two weeks, you can reap the benefits of our guidance, insights, and a dedicated Jinfo analyst to hold you accountable to an activity deadline.
- Blog post title: Strengthen your information contract renewals with value chain analysis
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Putting the value chain together
Thursday, 2nd July 2020
- Measurement - selecting and collecting data
Monday, 29th June 2020
- Your contributions to the value chain
Wednesday, 17th June 2020
- How well do you know the value chain?
Tuesday, 16th June 2020
- Defining success through the value chain
Wednesday, 10th June 2020
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
Thursday, 15th April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: