2021 budgets, the future of information, and you
Wednesday, 11th November 2020
Budget planning for 2021 will already be a challenging enough process without navigating the impact of the pandemic on your organisation. Jinfo Consulting enables you to meet the demands of preparing a budget by using our expertise to help you link value to your organisation's strategy. Take the opportunity to effectively align your goals and build strategic foresight for success.
As 2020 draws to a close, you may be considering, like many of our clients, how to budget for success and achieve the best result for 2021.
The COVID-19 crisis has affected sectors in different ways and will continue to disrupt – but here's what we do know:
In-person options for events, training and team-building are likely to be limited, especially in the first half of 2021
The "new normal" for business looks very different to what it did a year ago… which means different needs for and pressures on information services, expertise, and budgets in your organisation
Your organisation needs – more than ever – access to information products, services and expertise, aligned with its goals and objectives.
A resilient budgeting process links into your organisation’s overall business strategy. How well poised are you to face this future, strategically and effectively?
Click the figure to view a larger version.
Jinfo can help
For every statement you answered with Y, Jinfo can help you with Content, Community, and Consulting designed to:
Connect information products, services and expertise with value to the business
Develop and implement holistic content portfolio management
Create and deliver expert services and end-user empowerment as an Information Centre of Excellence.
Want to work on your own? A Jinfo Subscription gives you access to all our Content and Community sessions to support your information service team's goals and objectives.
Prefer to have structure, perspective and accountability to ensure you hit your goals for the year? Consider Jinfo Consulting, where we work alongside you to solve challenges and strengthen your information service team as a valuable asset within your organisation.
Share your responses to these statements and questions with us to contribute to your financial planning.
Talk with us about your 2021 budgeting process and what looks different for you – operationally, financially, strategically – in the unique future we're all facing. By investing now, you can build a resilient budget to navigate the coming months - contact us today.
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
Thursday, 15th April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: