2021 budgets, the future of information, and you
Wednesday, 11th November 2020
Budget planning for 2021 will already be a challenging enough process without navigating the impact of the pandemic on your organisation. Jinfo Consulting enables you to meet the demands of preparing a budget by using our expertise to help you link value to your organisation's strategy. Take the opportunity to effectively align your goals and build strategic foresight for success.
As 2020 draws to a close, you may be considering, like many of our clients, how to budget for success and achieve the best result for 2021.
The COVID-19 crisis has affected sectors in different ways and will continue to disrupt – but here's what we do know:
In-person options for events, training and team-building are likely to be limited, especially in the first half of 2021
The "new normal" for business looks very different to what it did a year ago… which means different needs for and pressures on information services, expertise, and budgets in your organisation
Your organisation needs – more than ever – access to information products, services and expertise, aligned with its goals and objectives.
A resilient budgeting process links into your organisation’s overall business strategy. How well poised are you to face this future, strategically and effectively?
Click the figure to view a larger version.
Jinfo can help
For every statement you answered with Y, Jinfo can help you with Content, Community, and Consulting designed to:
Connect information products, services and expertise with value to the business
Develop and implement holistic content portfolio management
Create and deliver expert services and end-user empowerment as an Information Centre of Excellence.
Want to work on your own? A Jinfo Subscription gives you access to all our Content and Community sessions to support your information service team's goals and objectives.
Prefer to have structure, perspective and accountability to ensure you hit your goals for the year? Consider Jinfo Consulting, where we work alongside you to solve challenges and strengthen your information service team as a valuable asset within your organisation.
Share your responses to these statements and questions with us to contribute to your financial planning.
Talk with us about your 2021 budgeting process and what looks different for you – operationally, financially, strategically – in the unique future we're all facing. By investing now, you can build a resilient budget to navigate the coming months - contact us today.
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: