Jinfo Newsletter: Year
FreePint No. 389
Thursday, 19th December 2013
News and beyond aggregation are under scrutiny in December with the Buyer's Guide on News Content published earlier this month and the results of our Annual Survey on News Needs & Preferences published this week. Along with the reports, there's also the opportunity to read the 50+ articles, Q&As, reviews and case studies published as part of the FreePint Topic Series: Beyond Aggregation.
- FreePint Report: Survey on News Needs & Preferences 2013.
- Product Review of InfoNgen.
FreePint No. 388
Thursday, 5th December 2013
FreePint's Community of Practice sessions will next year be available in-person, with events upcoming in London and New York in January and Chicago and Minneapolis in February. Sessions allow FreePint Subscribers to connect in real time with peers around critical topics like changes in news aggregation, mobile content security, and the value of content investments.
- Integration and Improvement on the News Aggregation Menu.
- Q&A with Acquire Media: Giving Companies a "NewsEdge".
FreePint No. 387
Thursday, 21st November 2013
As user requirements change and news aggregation vendors introduce product enhancements, Robin Neidorf asks: what is the real need for delivering news content into the organisation, now and into the future? Is it better to treat corporate users as one group or to separate them into those who're happy with "light, summary-type news" and those for whom "deep, multilingual, probably premium-priced" options are essential? FreePint's Community of Practice calls present an ideal arena in which to discuss such issues with peers across the industry.
- The Big Three for News: Then and Now.
- FreePint Report: Product Review of Eureka.cc & Eureka.cc Analytik.
FreePint No. 386
Thursday, 7th November 2013
For many organisations it's budget planning season. Researching, evaluating and selecting which products and technologies to include and deciding when to make the leap to the next generation technology make this a challenging time. FreePint's product reviews, vendor commentary, technology analysis and Communities of Practice help support budget planning and return on investment decisions throughout the year.
- NewsEdge: Enhanced Media Monitoring.
- FreePint Report: Product Review of M-Adaptive.
FreePint No. 385
Wednesday, 23rd October 2013
Robin Neidorf picks article and review highlights from the two FreePint Topic Series running this month: Compliance in Context and Beyond Aggregation and introduces the Series planned for 2014 which include The Social Enterprise, Next-Generation Competitive Intelligence, Copyright Symposium, and Licensing and Pricing.
- Keep Up-To-Date on Compliance Tools & Issues.
- Q&A with Alacra: Onboarding to Ongoing.
FreePint No. 384
Wednesday, 9th October 2013
FreePint offers many opportunities to get engaged with peers through Communities of Practice or webinars in areas from mobile deployment to international copyright.
- Buyer Perspectives on News Content.
- Understanding Technology Culture.
FreePint No. 383
Wednesday, 18th September 2013
After a relatively quiet summer, fans of FreePint Webinars have plenty to look forward to in the coming months.
- Talking with Vendors about Compliance.
- Mini Review: Best Practices LLC.
FreePint No. 382
Tuesday, 3rd September 2013
The FreePint Topic Series: Compliance in Context is launched, and the Topic Series: Beyond Aggregation is underway. Learn more about these series and how you can benefit from registering for them. Other new content in FreePint is highlighted, including product reviews, industry commentary, source updates and more.
- Early Results on FreePint's News Needs and Preferences Survey.
- Product Review of BvD Compliance Catalyst.
FreePint No. 381
Monday, 19th August 2013
FreePint's Director of Research, Robin Neidorf, presents a round-up of current and upcoming FreePint Research in areas from news needs and preferences to compliance. FreePint's monthly updates on news sources are always popular and the annual FreePint Survey: News Needs and Preferences is now in it sixth year with the research focus evolving to reflect the changing marketplace.
- What Do Consultancy Firms Want From FreePint?
- Product Review of Leadership Companies Premium.
FreePint No. 380
Tuesday, 6th August 2013
Analysis of FreePint usage logs shows the popularity of recent articles in the FreePint Topic: Sources. Keeping updated on new sources and source changes is frequently cited by new FreePint Subscribers as a key reason behind their purchase.
- Biopharma Companies in a State of Flux.
- FreePint Report: Product Review of Global Financial Data.
FreePint No. 379
Wednesday, 17th July 2013
Since the recent introduction of FreePint Topics, it's become easier to explain and demonstrate the value of FreePint. The Topics are "must-have" for any business to be efficient and competitive, and the FreePint approach is to focus on articles that provide unique, practical and actionable insight.
- Go Forth with (Due) Diligence.
- Developing Your Library's Operational Plan.
FreePint No. 378
Wednesday, 3rd July 2013
Recent changes in suppliers, questions from senior leadership and reactive response to popular technology have all prompted FreePint customers to turn to us... and here's how we've helped.
- Making the Case for Knowledge in Financial Services.
- FreePint Report: News Aggregation Products and Trends.
FreePint No. 377
Wednesday, 19th June 2013
Live events enable us to sit down face to face to build and cement professional relationships. The past month has offered a bonanza of in-person opportunities.
- Vendor Chaos in the Mobile World.
- ProQuest Dialog: Nearly Ready for Prime Time.
FreePint No. 376
Wednesday, 5th June 2013
Keeping skills and expertise current, and even ahead of the curve, is essential to ensure that information professionals continue to play a strategic role within organisations and contribute to key areas such as business development.
- Knowledge Management: Importance, Challenges and Prospects.
- Satisfying the Appetite for Legal Apps.
FreePint No. 375
Wednesday, 22nd May 2013
FreePint introduces four key topics which are consistently on the "must have" list for FreePint Subscribers. Robin Neidorf explains how to get free Topic Updates by email and introduces the wealth of information available in the premium offering: the FreePint Subscription.
- Webinar Will Bring Big Data Down to Size.
- Mobile Strategy in the Investments Business.
"Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?"
15th June 2022
If progress on your strategy seems stuck, it may be time to revisit your operational plan. The latest resources in Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence offer step-by-step guidance on how to break down a Big Vision into manageable, measurable pieces. Learn more about the practical steps you can take to get from Point A to Point B without overloading your team's capacity.Read on the Blog
- Meet these four requirements to make progress on information strategy
Wednesday, 29th June 2022
- Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?
Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Does your data tell a story to your stakeholders?
Wednesday, 25th May 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk talent (Community) Monday, 31st October 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk suppliers (Community) Friday, 30th September 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022