Why Compliant Bosses Need Info Pros - Some Cautionary Compliance Tales
26th August 2014
As the FreePint Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC) continues, Tim Buckley Owen notes that there are special insights that information professionals can bring to this and other regulatory compliance challenges. Whether it's the Safe Harbor agreement, adverts for financial services generated automatically by search engine results, financial promotions in social media or regulatory authorities' encouragement of financial technology developments like Bitcoins, info pros should be able to offer a uniquely well informed perspective. And that's before you even consider ways of keeping the boss out of jail for not doing their due diligence properly...
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Why Compliant Bosses Need Info Pros - Some Cautionary Compliance Tales
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Due Diligence - from Business Burden to Business Benefit
Tuesday, 19th August 2014
- The KYC Conundrum - Should You Outsource?
Wednesday, 13th August 2014
- Q&A with Dow Jones - Weathering the Perfect Storm of Compliance Legislation
Friday, 8th August 2014
- KYC Survey Findings from Dow Jones, KPMG and Thomson Reuters
Wednesday, 6th August 2014
- Changing Compliance Culture in the Financial Sector
Thursday, 24th July 2014
- Privacy - Comply If You Want to Stay in Business
Monday, 3rd February 2014
- More on KYC - Key Survey Themes, Outsourcing Drivers, Global and Regional Perspectives...
Tuesday, 19th August 2014
- Outsourcing Core Compliance Functions
Friday, 15th August 2014
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021