More on KYC - Key Survey Themes, Outsourcing Drivers, Global and Regional Perspectives...
Tuesday, 19th August 2014
By Chris Porter
Chris Porter brings us up to date on the FreePint Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC). Recent articles include a summary of this year's major KYC-related survey findings; a look at the triggers for deciding to outsource your KYC research activities and a checklist of things to consider if you do; and a vendor interview giving a truly global perspective on KYC developments.
The world of Know Your Customer compliance is an unceasingly active one and while for many it is the height of the holiday season, it has still been a busy time since our last update on the FreePint Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC).
Key KYC Complications
If you are looking for a handy refresher on the topic, the article KYC Survey Findings from Dow Jones, KPMG and Thomson Reuters by regular FreePint contributor Sophie Alexander is a very good place to start.
Sophie provides a summary of the findings of each survey and also draws conclusions on some common themes, including pressures of time and cost, heightened regulatory scrutiny and evolving approaches regarding outsourcing and off-shoring.
To Outsource or Not to Outsource...
Darren Hickman, founder and managing director of compliance screening services company ComplianceAssist, digs further into the latter topic in his article The KYC Conundrum - Should You Outsource?
Darren provides a checklist of situations and events which could lead an organisation to consider moving to outsourcing. He also reviews some of the main approaches and providers and suggests questions to ask of a potential outsourcing partner.
KYC - A Global Issue
FreePint has also been speaking to Joel Lange, managing director of the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance business, to get his views on the key KYC challenges organisations are currently grappling with around the world.
In the Q&A with Dow Jones - Weathering the Perfect Storm of Compliance Legislation, Joel highlights what a global issue KYC is for vendors and customers alike.
Joel's wide-ranging perspective is illustrated as he comments on the differing phases of market evolution in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
He also remarks on the risk and compliance impacts of recent events in Russia and the Ukraine and talks about the role of the Dow Jones Factiva service in providing compliance professionals with access to global media.
What is still to come in the series?
In future articles, Penny Crossland will be taking a look at some of the free blog-type resources which help you track risk and compliance topics, and leading vendor LexisNexis will be sharing thoughts on KYC workflow.
We will be providing an update to last year's in-depth review of the Bureau van Dijk Compliance Catalyst service and we also look forward to hearing from Bureau van Dijk on the hot topic of establishing Ultimate Beneficial Ownership.
Watch out for further updates from my series co-producer, Andrew Lucas.
This article is part of the FreePint Topic Series: What You Need to Know Your Customer (KYC), running from July-September 2014.
Register your interest now, and you'll also get a free PDF report with selected premium articles when it's published in September.
- Blog post title: More on KYC - Key Survey Themes, Outsourcing Drivers, Global and Regional Perspectives...
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- The KYC Conundrum - Should You Outsource?
Wednesday, 13th August 2014
- Q&A with Dow Jones - Weathering the Perfect Storm of Compliance Legislation
Friday, 8th August 2014
- KYC Survey Findings from Dow Jones, KPMG and Thomson Reuters
Wednesday, 6th August 2014
- Q&A with RDC - Making the Impossible Possible
Friday, 1st August 2014
- Product Review of BvD Compliance Catalyst: Introduction, Value and FreePint's View
Monday, 19th August 2013
- Delving into KYC - Management Responsibility, Data Utility, Monitoring Efficiency
Wednesday, 6th August 2014
- Free Report - Know Your Customer, Contain Your Costs
Monday, 4th August 2014
- FreePint Report: Product Review of Factiva.com
Wednesday, 12th December 2012
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: