Evaluating Premium News Services Against Free Sources
5th November 2014
By Sarah Hinton
Sarah Hinton describes the steps she took to evaluate her premium news aggregation service against the free alternatives - and the decision she made. She offers useful tips for anyone interested in evaluating the value their premium service offers.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Evaluating Premium News Services Against Free Sources
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Q&A - LexisNexis Takes Over Moreover
Monday, 3rd November 2014
- Approaches to Delivering External News on the Corporate Intranet
Tuesday, 28th October 2014
- Product Review of NewsEdge.com (Value - Competitors, Development & Pricing)
Monday, 27th October 2014
- Q&A with Northern Light - Embracing the World of Web News
Thursday, 9th October 2014
- Media Intelligence Providers Vocus and Cision Move Forward with Merger Plans
Tuesday, 30th September 2014
- FreePint Research Investigates - How Satisfied are Nexis and Factiva Users?
Monday, 3rd November 2014
- FreePint Topic Series "News, And Beyond" - What Is In the Pipeline?
Thursday, 16th October 2014
- Preliminary Results on FreePint News Survey 2014
Wednesday, 15th October 2014
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021