Intranets and Enterprise Social Networks - a Perfect Match?
14th April 2015
By James Mullan
Something that many organisations are managing right now is the integration of intranets and enterprise social networks (ESNs) with each other. These tools serve very different purposes and have very different roles within today’s organisations. In this article James Mullan looks at some of the roles these tools have, and the potential for integrating them to provide a unified experience for users.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Intranets and Enterprise Social Networks - a Perfect Match?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- How (Not) to Choose an Enterprise Social Tool for Your Organisation
Tuesday, 24th March 2015
- Is Enterprise Social Networking a Must?
Tuesday, 13th May 2014
- Could an Enterprise Social Network Make Us Happier?
Friday, 10th January 2014
- Replacing your Intranet with Yammer
Thursday, 4th April 2013
- What's in Store for Enterprise Social Networks?
Thursday, 9th April 2015
- How Effective is Your Enterprise Social Network?
Friday, 7th February 2014
- Is social networking behind the firewall just a pipe dream?
Monday, 26th March 2012
- Linking LinkedIn to your intranet
Friday, 24th February 2012
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021