A Whole New World of Information Overload
15th May 2015
By James Mullan
How many times have you diligently checked your email over the weekend so you don't have to deal with the email overload on Monday, only to realise that information overload isn't just about email? For a while now information overload has actually meant more than email, it has meant managing the almost constant stream of messages from social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and others. Whilst tools such as Delve and Clutter are springing up to help manage and search emails, the question is how users can manage this flow of information whilst still ensuring they get the most out of what can be very useful tools.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: A Whole New World of Information Overload
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Becoming More Productive with Office 365
Tuesday, 12th May 2015
- The Real Problem with Yammer
Friday, 29th August 2014
- Managing the flow of information with social tools
Tuesday, 3rd May 2011
- Apps - a retrograde step?
Monday, 11th June 2012
- The fallacy of information overload
Wednesday, 23rd May 2012
- Information overload: fact, fantasy or filter failure?
Wednesday, 23rd May 2012
- Social media, information overload and careful curation
Friday, 4th May 2012
- Seeking a cure for email overload
Friday, 13th January 2012
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021