Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Technology - Search & User Interface; Outputs & Alerts)
1st March 2016
By Jan Knight
We put technology to the test in the third part of our product review of LexisNexis Newsdesk, the media monitoring and analytics product from the industry leading information provider. Reviewer Jan Knight goes into depth on the three primary functions of Newsdesk: Search, Analyse and Share. Advanced search options are explained, including newly-added feature LexisNexis SmartIndexing technology, that is applied to licensed content across all of the company's products. She also reveals which part of the analysis function provided her with the "wow factor".
Note: Full review (PDF) at /go/sub/report/2631
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Technology - Search & User Interface; Outputs & Alerts)
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Value - Help & Training; Competitors; Development; Pricing)
Wednesday, 2nd March 2016
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Sources - Content & Coverage)
Monday, 29th February 2016
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Introduction; Key Advantages; Contact Details)
Friday, 26th February 2016
- Product Review of Factiva (Introduction; Value; Contact Details)
Tuesday, 13th October 2015
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk
Thursday, 3rd March 2016
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021