Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk
3rd March 2016
Media monitoring and analytics tool LexisNexis Newsdesk is a powerful market intelligence product that was launched in April 2015 as a result of the LexisNexis acquisition of Moreover Technologies in October 2014.
- Looks at how Moreover launched what was the first such tool to aggregate news and social media in one product, and summarises how, as LexisNexis Newsdesk, its "almost real-time" market intelligence capacity provides value to its audience.
- Outlines the advantages of being owned by LexisNexis, an industry-leading information provider, and gives a detailed breakdown of type and range of content provided, from both traditional and social media. Includes coverage of countries and multiple language sources.
- Puts the technology to the test and goes into depth on the three primary functions of Newsdesk: Search, Analyse and Share. Covers advanced search options, including newly-added feature LexisNexis SmartIndexing technology, that is applied to licensed content across all of the company's products.
- Reveals which part of the analysis function provided our reviewer with the "wow factor".
- Examines the extensive support and help offered.
- Digs into pricing options, product investments for 2016 and how Newsdesk stands out from its competitors such as Meltwater, Factiva, Nexis, Digimind and Infomart, and describes what we consider to be some unique features.
Reviewed by Jan Knight
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk
- Pages: 21
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Value - Help & Training; Competitors; Development; Pricing)
Wednesday, 2nd March 2016
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Technology - Search & User Interface; Outputs & Alerts)
Tuesday, 1st March 2016
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Sources - Content & Coverage)
Monday, 29th February 2016
- Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk (Introduction; Key Advantages; Contact Details)
Friday, 26th February 2016
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021