Alignment with the Information Centre of Excellence model
9th December 2019
Jinfo recently spoke to the heads of seven information services in order to better understand what contributes to an Information Centre of Excellence, using our model as an example. We asked them to map their current services to the model and self-assess their departments with regard to the key characteristics of a successful Information Centre of Excellence. In this first part of our four-part article, we look at some of the results of this, including the several themes that emerged in relation to how the teams set information strategy.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Alignment with the Information Centre of Excellence model
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Operations of an Information Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 12th December 2019
- Commercial awareness - the toughest characteristic
Wednesday, 11th December 2019
- Six characteristics of the Information Centre of Excellence - where we excel, where we need to grow
Tuesday, 10th December 2019
- Making objectives concrete - operationalising strategy in content acquisitions
Friday, 1st November 2019
- Streamline your department using the artisan or the optimised model
Wednesday, 16th May 2018
- How to refashion information teams into client-serving consultancies
Thursday, 15th March 2018
- Alignment with the Information Centre of Excellence model
Thursday, 12th December 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021