Product review of Softlink's Illumin
6th October 2016
Softlink's Illumin is a web-based knowledge, request and enquiry management solution designed to support research management. It is used by knowledge managers and content specialists to create, capture and share knowledge more effectively.
- Outlines Illumin's key advantages
- Introduces the product and explains how it allows the growth of a Knowledge Base over time and how it can be shared throughout the organisation
- Looks at how two different types of organisation have used Illumin's research request handling
- Describes the choice of installation models, and features such as how to switch languages
- Gives a detailed description of search and admin features including integration with Softlink's Liberty (ILS)
- Walks through custom request forms, ways of representing statistical information and the creation of a Knowledge Base
- Highlights help and training available
- Captures the product maturity and new development plans
- Covers the competitive landscape, which includes RefTracker by Altarama and ResearchMonitor by Priory Solutions
- Explains the pricing structure.
Reviewed by: Sophie Alexander
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Softlink's Illumin
- Pages: 16
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of RefTracker from Altarama (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 25th April 2018
- Product review of Softlink's Illumin (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Tuesday, 4th October 2016
- Product review of Softlink's Illumin (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Friday, 30th September 2016
- Product review of Softlink's Illumin (sources - content & coverage)
Wednesday, 28th September 2016
- Product review of Softlink's Illumin (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 27th September 2016
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021