Jinfo benchmarking report - finance and insurance
16th February 2018
This report shows Jinfo's benchmarking data on information services based on data collected through January 2018.
In addition to review of the full dataset of 33 respondents, this report looks at results specific to the seven respondents from the financial services and insurance industry.
The financial services industry was added as a Phase 2 of Jinfo's benchmarking efforts of 2017. Doing so enabled us to work in Phase 1 on refining the approach and then in this phase on expanding it to an additional industry. Further industry-specific reporting to come in future phases.
In this report, we present the findings on areas including:
- Reporting lines
- Departmental structure
- Services within the information centre
- Customer sets of the information centre
- Departmental strategy setting and frequency of review of the strategy
- Time monitoring per key activity undertaken
- Measuring success/results
- Budgeting and changes in budget levels
- Sources of funding
- Staffing ratios.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Jinfo benchmarking report - finance and insurance
- Pages: 28
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Benchmarking through the finance lens
Thursday, 27th September 2018
- Benchmarking research reveals successful teams share common practices
Wednesday, 27th September 2017
- How understanding organisational structures can inform effective information services
Monday, 24th July 2017
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021