Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
Content portfolio management presents many challenges, including budgeting and licensing. Draw on Jinfo's expertise to help you overcome your pain points.
Lots of information teams struggle with distributed budgeting, cost allocations, and all the variations of "pass the hat" for funding information resources and services.
We're excited to start a consulting project with one client to move past these frustrations with the right combination of vision, stakeholder support, and Jinfo's methodologies in our Focus on Content Portfolio.
Over the next few months, this information team will:
- Develop and validate an investment philosophy for licensing decisions, based on desired outcomes rather than (solely) on costs
- Partner with senior stakeholders to cultivate organisational values of agility and innovation within the context of the portfolio strategy
- Facilitate budget dialogue as the expert advisors entrusted with guiding business leaders to the best investment decisions.
Everyone responsible for content portfolio management has some frustrations, questions or organisational quirks they have to deal with.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Upcoming Community sessions
- The Inside Circle – let's talk suppliers,
Thursday, 29th September 2022
"Is the client always right?"
21st September 2022
Whilst user expressions of value are important, they should be treated with caution. Information leaders can offer significant value by enabling smart decisions about information products and services. Realising this potential hinges on your ability to frame the question and offer potential solutions that serve the best interests of your organisation.Read on the Blog
- Is the client always right?
Wednesday, 21st September 2022
- Portfolio Management: do your "users' expression of value" drive your decisions?
Wednesday, 17th August 2022
- Are you in a proactive state of resilience? Preparing for contract negotiations
Wednesday, 13th July 2022
- Let's talk about benchmarks (Community) Tuesday, 18th October 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk suppliers (Community) Thursday, 29th September 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022