Value Chain analysis connects the dots to impact
Thursday, 19th August 2021
Shift the conversation from service provision to business outcomes and find out how information strategy can support your goals.
It happened again today:
During a client workshop delivered as part of our Consulting on Value Chain, I shifted the conversation away from what services the department provides. Instead, we were talking about business outcomes:
- Shortening the R&D cycle
- Improving the success of mergers and acquisitions
- Expanding the number and diversity of active projects in development.
For every one of these outcomes, the team was able to quickly list two or three or ten ways information strategy could support that goal.
I know from Jinfo's experience that if they implement even a small number of those ideas, they will have a measurable impact in the business. They will demonstrate and enhance their value as essential contributors to efficient and innovative R&D. And they'll be able to do so pretty quickly.
It's an exciting moment when the team connects the dots of Value Chain analysis. Suddenly, they have a whole new way of communicating – and actually enhancing – their value. The impact of information products, services and expertise becomes tangible.
Jinfo's Focus on Value Chain can transform how you think, plan, operate and communicate. Contact us to enquire about getting started with your own future transformation.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: