Make the most of an hour
Monday, 27th September 2021
As an information manager, do you find your time squeezed? Jinfo’s Centre of Excellence framework offers relief. Clients report that within an hour, sessions on Pillars of Service give them the breathing space to create logical structures for high-end, customer-oriented services.
A recent client workshop for a Consulting on Centre of Excellence project covered a number of practical insights that resonated with my years of experience managing information research strategy and operations for a global R&D organisation:
- Expertise tends to grow around what the need is
- You have to know what your services are in order to sell them
- As a busy team leader, it is essential that you give yourself the mental space to be in a single role at any given time – e.g., when you are managing the service, rather than delivering the service.
We were working with this client on the Pillars of Service activity (step two in the process outlined in our Focus on Centre of Excellence).
In about an hour, they absorbed these important points on the whys and hows of strategy.
The same hour gave them the time they needed to create a logical structure for high-value, customer-oriented services.
I know from my own experience how hard it is to make time for strategy and planning. The Focus on Centre of Excellence helps you make the most of whatever time you have, by giving you proven activities for practical benefit. Consulting on Centre of Excellence carves out the time to make it happen.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: