Your essential contributions to successful digital R&D
Wednesday, 29th September 2021
When R&D is at the heart of a business, the value of information services is surprisingly tangible. Jinfo's Director of Research shares successes clients have recently achieved. They have raised their visibility with senior stakeholders, as well as changed their conversations from transactions/costs to strategy/value.
Consider the difference it would make to your information services if you could do these things:
- Tell a clear story of exactly how information products, services and expertise create value for R&D
- Measurably improve innovation and increase worker efficiency
- Contribute a comprehensive information strategy – licensing, workflow, user needs and business goals – right at the start of new R&D initiatives.
When I work with information teams in technical industries such as pharma, energy and manufacturing, I sense the frustration many of them feel around how difficult it is to demonstrate their value to stakeholders.
That's why it's so rewarding to help them through the process of Value Chain analysis.
Through Consulting on Value Chain, they develop a powerful tool for measuring – and improving – the value they contribute to R&D. Their conversations with key stakeholders become more strategic. They can make relatively small changes that result in demonstrably better results.
These are some of the transformations that Jinfo clients who recently completed Value Chain analysis have achieved so far:
- Initiate earlier, more strategic conversations with senior-level stakeholders
- Identify services with relatively low impact on business goals and create a plan for redeveloping or ending them
- Reset difficult negotiations with key information suppliers based on their definition of value
- Strengthen working partnerships with procurement, for better strategic supplier management.
But what's even more rewarding is the fundamental shift in perception and delivery of value:
- "I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D." – Senior Information Analyst, energy
- "I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." – Senior Information Scientist, heavy manufacturing
- "For the first time, our head [of innovation and data science] is not talking about how we can cut costs but instead how we can build efficiencies and support innovation." – Manager of IT Research, global manufacturing.
If this sounds like something that would be valuable to you, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: