The view from 30,000 feet, with a foundation of feet on the ground
Thursday, 28th October 2021
What challenges do information professionals face? Managing capacity, communicating with stakeholders and keeping up with user needs are usually on the list. In Jinfo's latest blog, Susan Gleckner explains how the Focus on Centre of Excellence methodology combines an all-seeing "30,000 feet" perspective with boots-on-the-ground knowhow rooted in.
I've been with Jinfo for a while now, but I'm learning every day. I'm surprised at how quickly my view of the information services world has changed as a result.
It's enjoyable to be able to look at issues more strategically, from a 30,000-foot view, instead of always being pulled back to earth by practical realities.
Still, I can (and do) put myself in the clients' shoes. After all, over my 30 years of experience, I have lived the same challenges they have – managing capacity, communicating with stakeholders, keeping up with user needs, etc. It seems they're universal.
But that's also what demonstrates the benefit of Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence. Our methodology:
- Draws on our research and learnings from clients – in your industry and in others – to give you perspective on your challenges
- Has successfully helped our clients make a significant positive change in how their service and expertise are perceived
- Provides a new perspective on the influence you have on how information works in your organisation.
You can tap into these benefits by starting on the activities outlined in the five steps in our Focus on Centre of Excellence. Or, you can accelerate your learning – and the realisation of your goals – through Consulting on Centre of Excellence.
Whether you're a current client interested in the Focus on Centre of Excellence or you just know you want to operate more strategically, I invite you to reach out to me to swap stories... and also get a peek at the view from 30,000 feet. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll set a time to talk.
"My stakeholders finally understand what we do" – Senior Information Manager, manufacturing industry
Work on information strategy in 2022 with Jinfo if you want to:
- Measure, communicate and improve the ROI of information
- Consistently dedicate time to strategy, despite competing demands
- Build on methods tested and proven in other organisations.
For more on how your organisation benefits and how to get started, check out our "Spotlight on strategy".
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Measure the impact of information with Value Chain analysis
Monday, 22nd November 2021
- You know more than you think you do
Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Overcoming the barriers to progress on information strategy (Community) Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021