The goalposts keep moving…
1st March 2023
They were working hard to manage the expectations of their leadership, who had just told them they needed to implement a significant reduction in their team. This was a marked shift from their previous situation, when there had been no pressure to undertake such a drastic action, but now they were expected to move quickly to realise economies.
- A clear understanding and articulation of their value and critical role delivering the business
- Detailed insights into the implications of reducing resources
- Trusted relations with their stakeholders, including their leadership, to ensure robust conversations can take place during challenging times
- Confidence that their capabilities are best in class and industry-leading; in terms of both efficacy and efficiency
- The conviction in the message that less capacity means fewer capabilities and lower service levels.
Can we do a better job of recognising and acknowledging a situation?
In a word, yes. We should strive to provide realistic assessments of limiting resources, more effectively manage stakeholders and not be afraid to push back on unreasonable requests or unrealistic expectations.
- Register now for Let’s talk offshoring on 9th March 2023. We are delighted that Kaushik Biswas of Acuity Partners will be joining us to discuss the benefits and pitfalls of offshoring. The continuing economic uncertainty means many leaders will either reconsider this option or drive more work offshore. Register now to discuss the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of this strategy with other information leaders.
- The follow up article to our February Community session “Building competitive advantage” is now available. Denise Carter, our CI Senior Analyst, provides her reflections on the very active conversation, and provides some additional insights.
- In April, we will be discussing “Managing up” with Jeff Voight, Global Head of Facilities Services at Willis Towers Watson. Jeff has had extensive exposure to C-Suite decisionmakers and “knows enough about information management to be dangerous”. Register now to join us for what will be a lively session.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a Jinfo client, please use this form to schedule a call with me.
Learn about the vital role of nurturing the talent pipeline and succession. There's now a legal cut of our news and current awareness survey. And a real need for information managers to assert themselves to maximise the value of generative AI and mitigate the risks.Read on the Blog
- Talent management, legal news cut, generative AI developments and new products
5th September 2023
- News and current awareness, GenAI, talent development and pharma and bioscience CI are in all in our sights
2nd August 2023
- GenAI developments and competitive intelligence in pharma and biosciences
4th July 2023
- Legal implications of licensing third party content for GenAI (Community) 24th October 2023
- Managing the talent pipeline & succession (Community) 14th September 2023
- The impact of AI – how are vendors responding? (Community) 20th July 2023