LexisNexis Newsdesk - Monitor & Analyse Emerging Trends
Monday, 7th March 2016
Our product review of LexisNexis Newsdesk involved thorough scrutiny of sources, technology and value. Find out more.
When it comes to information providers, few are bigger than LexisNexis. Indeed, its Nexis product came second only to Dow Jones Factiva in our 2015 survey of primary news products.
Also included in that survey was Newsdesk. It's now a LexisNexis product after the company acquired its developer, Moreover Technologies, in 2014. And Newsdesk is the focus of Jinfo's latest product review.
Marriage Made in Heaven
As we reported in our mini review back in 2013, Newsdesk was one of the pioneers in aggregating content from web-based sources and social media. Now it's been bolstered by copious sources of licensed news and business information from LexisNexis.
So how might you use all that information? Among other things, it enables you to find out what all those sources are saying about your product, or a competitor's, as well as keeping on top of trends and monitor perception of a brand.
Market research consultant Jan Knight put the tool through a thorough testing process for our latest review and explains, "Media monitoring in general, and Newsdesk specifically, allows users to be so much more aware of what's happening around them. Compared to traditional press-clipping services, this tool helps to 'tell a story' about what is important."
Ways to Share
On top of all that information, there are plentiful ways of sharing information from Newsdesk.
Saved searches can be exported in a variety of formats, including HTML for embedding in websites, and there's the option to integrate with mobile apps such as Flipboard and Evernote.
You can also send newsletters, which can be customised by changing colours and heading sizes and creating a table of contents.
Find Out More
Newsdesk is clearly a strong offering already, and LexisNexis plans to further develop its analytics, content aggregation and mobile app in 2016.
To find out more, including what provided our reviewer with the "wow factor", and to read our discussion of competitor products, read the full Product Review of LexisNexis Newsdesk.
- Blog post title: LexisNexis Newsdesk - Monitor & Analyse Emerging Trends
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Evaluating Factiva and Nexis
Tuesday, 29th December 2015
- FreePint News Survey Analysis 2015 Part 4 - Main Suppliers, and Satisfaction with Them
Monday, 21st December 2015
- Mini Review: Newsdesk
Tuesday, 5th November 2013
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
Thursday, 15th April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: